Vive Health Stand Assist
Seamlessly blending in with any decor, the Vive stand assist provides stable support for rising from the sofa, recliner or upholstered chair. Pushing down on the dual support handles creates greater leverage for standing while minimizing the risk of hazardous falls. Easily sliding around fixed cushions or sliding under loose ones, the durable aluminum stand assist frame adjusts for optimal placement and support.
- Stand Up With Greater Ease
Providing safe, stable assistance, the Stand Assist by Vive allows individuals to rise from chairs, sofas and recliners with greater ease. The dual support handles create a stable foundation for pushing up to a standing position without twisting and turning, minimizing the risk of hazardous falls.
- Easy Installation
Fitting snugly around the base of secure cushions or beneath loose cushions, the stand assist can be used with any cushioned seat, including plush sofas, recliners and upholstered chairs.
- Adjustable Frame
Constructed with a durable aluminum, the stand assist frame safely supports up to 300 pounds. Easy to assemble and adjust, the sleek black frame blends with most home decor for a discreet look.
- Comfortably Soft Grip Covers
Lightly padded with a soft foam, the stand assist handles provide a comfortable, yet secure grip for greater leverage and support.
- Vive Guarantee
Lifetime guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
- What’s Included:
- Vive Stand Assist
- Lifetime guarantee
- For aiding in rising from a seated position on a couch, recliner or similar upholstered chair
- Width: 19.25”- 22.25”
- Handle height: 9”- 12”
- Depth: 24”-27”
- Lightweight aluminum
- Foam padding
- How to Install:
- Adjust the depth of the stabilizing bar to the depth of the cushion, ensuring the arm of the stand assist will be supported and not hanging over the edge of the cushion
- Place the stabilizing bar under a loose cushion or around a secured cushion
- Warning: Never place the stand assist where part of the structure is hanging over the edge of the sofa or chair. Doing so increases the likelihood the stand assist could slip forward during use
- Care Instructions:
- Wipe down with a damp cloth or disinfectant wipe
- Dry immediately with a lint-free cloth
- Will this work on wide arm recliners?
Yes! The stabilizing bar easily adjusts to securely fit around most recliner seats.
- How wide is the space between the armrests?
The width of the stand assist is easily adjustable from 19.25” to 22.25”.
- How far does the frame extend?
The frame adjusts to a depth of 24” to 27” to secure around most seat cushions.
- Can I use the stand assist on top of a cushion?
The Vive stand assist can be used when placed on top of a seat cushion, however, care must be taken to ensure the entire frame rests on the cushion to prevent the stand assist from sliding forward.
- Will this stand assist fit on a lift chair?
Yes! The stand assist frame is adjustable to fit most upholstered seats including lift chairs.
- What is the maximum weight it will support?
The Vive stand assist frame is designed to support up to 300 pounds. The stand assist device is for balance and support only and is not intended to be fully weight bearing.
- Does it matter how heavy the chair is?
No, because the stand assist is for balance and support only by pushing down on the handles as you rise should not be affected by the weight of the chair.
- Could this be used under a mattress to help me get out of bed?
The stand assist is designed for balance and support only with arm rails that curve backward, making it impractical for use under a mattress. For bedside assistance, please look at the Vive bedrail found here or the Vive bed ladder found here.
- Can I adjust the height of the handrails?
Yes! The handrails are easily adjusted with a push button system between 9” to 12” in height.