Vive Health Alternating Pressure Pad
The Vive alternating pressure mattress pad was designed to provide you relief from bed sores and ulcers caused by prolonged bed rest. Equipped with 130 individually heat-sealed air bubbles, the alternating pressure pad evenly distributes the body weight to provide superior support and comfort. Designed to be placed on top of a regular bed mattress, including hospital bed mattresses, the pressure pad has air-filled channels that alternately fill up and decompress to promote blood flow to every area of the body, minimizing the formation of pressure points for immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight frequently.
- Alleviates Bed Sores And Ulcers
Providing relief from bed sores and ulcers caused by extended bed rest, the alternating pressure mattress promotes increased circulation and helps manage skin maceration. The variable pressure mattress evenly distributes weight to relieve pressure spots for exceptional support and comfort. Perfect for immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight frequently.
- Designed With 130 Air Cells
Each of the 130 air cells alternately inflates and deflates to create a mattress surface that evenly distributes a patient or loved one’s weight and eliminates pressure spots. Each air cell is heat-sealed to ensure it will not leak for exceptional durability.
- Quiet Variable Pressure Pump
The variable pressure pump is ultra-quiet for restful sleep. Producing constant air flow, the variable pump offers multiple levels of pressure for a customizable experience. Each pressure cycle is approximately six minutes long.
- Durable Construction Supports Up To 300 Lbs
Premium vinyl mattress supports up to 300 pounds. The waterproof mattress pad easily fits on an existing mattress or frame. The included air hoses are flexible and non-binding for easy installation.
- Vive Guarantee
1 year on the pump. 90 days on the mattress pad. An unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
- What’s included
- Alternating Pressure Pump
- Alternating Pressure Pad
- Flexible Air Hose
- Patch Kit
- Instruction Manual
- Year Guarantee on the Pump
- 60 Day Guarantee on Pad
- For patients confined to a bed for an extended period.
- Prevents sores that are caused by prolonged bed rest.
- 8W Power cord attached directly to pump.
- Electrical Power Supply: 110-120 volts
- Materials: Latex-free vinyl
- Dimensions: 78″ x 36″ x 2.5″ (when inflated)
- Operation Instructions:
- Position the mattress pad on the bed, securely tucking the ends of the pad underneath the existing mattress
- Connect the mattress feed pipes to the compressor (pump) connector using the flexible air hose
- Secure the compressor to a stable location and plug it into an outlet
- Turn on the mattress and begin the inflation
- Ensure the mattress has been fully inflated before positioning the patient on top of it
- What is the purpose of an alternating pressure mattress pad?
Providing relief from bedsores and other skin problems caused by extended bed rest, the alternating pressure mattress pad sits on top of your existing mattress and promotes increased circulation while reducing skin breakage. The variable pressure mattress pad evenly distributes body weight to relieve pressure spots for exceptional support and comfort. Perfect for immobilized or weak patients who cannot shift their weight frequently.
- What is included with my purchase? Do I need to purchase anything in addition?
Everything you need to get up and running is included with your purchase. Nothing additional is required.
Each unit includes Alternating Pressure Pump, Alternating Pressure Pad, Flexible Air Hose, Patch Kit, Instruction Manual, Year Guarantee on Pump, and 60 Day Guarantee on Pad.
- How do I know if my patient needs an alternating pressure mattress pad?
An alternating pressure mattress pad should be used for patients who are likely to spend more than 15 hours per day in bed or who are classified as medium to high risk of developing pressure ulcers, or bedsores. People at higher risk are typically: seriously ill; not mobile; have spinal cord injury; do not eat a proper diet; wear prostheses; smoke; are incontinent of stool or urine; have diabetes; have COPD or heart failure; have Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or heart failure; or have a broken hip or have had recent hip surgery.
- How does my alternating pressure mattress pad work?
The alternating pressure pad uses the distribution of